Skip to main content

Of Starbucks Sandwiches and Drinks

Starbucks needs no introduction.  They're everywhere you look.  What I like about them is the fact that they always up the ante by featuring new items on their menu from time to time -- both coffee-based and non-caffeinated drinks, and sweet and savory treats. 

Here, I present 2 new offerings I've sampled just recently plus one very old favorite I want to share with you all.  ☺

Starbucks, anyone?

Soy Strawberries and Crème Frappuccino (Php178)

A new take on an old favorite of mine.  I was a little skeptical at first since I saw nothing wrong with the original blend, but to my surprise, this concoction is actually delicious, tastier even.  Instead of heavy cream, soy milk is used as a base.  Still with a healthy dose of strawberry syrup.  Yum!

Soy Strawberries and Crème Frappuccino

It is a little pricier than the milk version, but for those wishing for a healthier alternative without sacrificing the taste, then this is definitely for you.

Vigan Loganiza, Egg, and Mozzarella on Whole Wheat Pandesal (Php110)


Our family are longaniza fiends!  Everytime someone asks us what pasalubong we would want, we always request for the local sausage.  So imagine how great my expectations were when I finally was able to sample this new savory sandwich from Starbucks.

Vigan Loganiza, Egg, and Mozzarella on Whole Wheat Pandesal
 
I actually love the concept.  Vigan longaniza, egg and mozzarella cheese in between wheat pandesal, this spells absolutely heaven in my book! 
 
My disappointment, however, lies in the fact that the sandwich just has too little slices of longaniza in it.  My bun wasn't even fully covered with only a fourth of it containing this anticipated treat.
 
The egg and mozzarella combo was good though (because in the end, this is just what ¾ of my sandwich did comprise of. ☺)  I guess if you're not that particular with longaniza in every bite, then I guess this sandwich is ok.
 
Silk's Chocolate Soy Milk (Php70)
 
Very few people know this about me but I tried the vegetarian route for a very short period of time.  It was a period when I followed a then well-known natural treatment in curing and removing cysts (but that's another story altogether.)
 
It was during this trying time, especially the first few days of my lifestyle adjustment, that I developed the habit of rewarding myself for staying on course.  I had absolutely no meat of any kind, even seafood nor any type of dairy product.  I was, fortunately, allowed to have chocolate soy milk.
 
But most of the varieties I sampled tasted like diluted taho.  Yuck!  Good thing I came across Silk's chocolate soy milk.

Silk's Chocolate Soy Milk
 
Tastes like Chocolait!  I kid you not.  You wouldn't even know it's made from soy milk. 
 
And although I've reverted back to my former carnivorous state, I still have this as a special treat once in a while.  A little pricey at Starbucks though, but you can actually get this at a lower price at major supermarkets.  Yum!  ☺
 
***
 
To learn more about our local Starbucks' offerings, please visit www.philippines.starbucks.com

Comments

  1. i can't differentiate soy milk and regular milk. for me, the taste is the same. hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silk is definitely one of the best tasting soy milks out there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @michi: In some instances, soy milk does taste like diluted tao. Heheh!

    It looks diluted as compared to rich milk. =)

    @Janelle: Totally agree with you. Its delicious. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Di ako umiinom ng soymilk e. Yung sister ko ang adik dyan! hehehe! Ang lagi ko inoorder na sandwich sa starbucks e yung spanish chorizo nila. Ayan may bago na akong oorderin yang vigan longganiza kaya lang sana damihan namn nila ng longganisa. hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i should try the vigan longgania sandwich. hmmmm... wonder how it would taste?

    ReplyDelete
  6. @anney: I hope so too. Lugi e. Hehehe! =D

    @wendy: Its really good. Try it sometime. =)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PH | Bang's Tony & Jackey Beauty Salon's Aqua Volume Rebond

I've always had ruly, unmanageable hair for as long as I can remember, hence the introduction of rebonding services here in PH is a blessing.  I've been having my hair rebonded or relaxed once a year since 2002.  It's an expense that I make sure is always included in the yearly luxury budget.

Whereas before I used to have my hair rebonded at a David's Salon (since they always deliver consistently great results), I had to stop and look to other establishments when they eventually jacked up their prices (what used to cost me Php3,000 is now priced at Php5,000 to Php6,000, depending on the branch!).  Too much for my already hurting wallet.  Hence, the need to try other salons.  I've been happy with the results, so far.

The one thing though. that always gets me though is how lifeless and limp my hair tends to look when newly treated.  It's always the case wherever I have my tresses done.  It will look it's best at least a month or 2 after treatment.  It was onl…

Style for Less: Ballerina Flats (Tory Burch vs Kamiseta)

Have you ever noticed how fashionable high-end items just keep on being reinvented by some other brand.  Well after having my eyes checked for fear of seeing doubles (normal daw sabi ni Doc), I decided to scour through the malls in search of fashion doppelgangers.

***
THE SPLURGE: Tory Burch's Reva ballerina flats (USD195 or around Php9,000)

When well-known American fashion designer Tory Burch released her line of Reva ballerina flats, it was an instant hit.  Known for its incredibly comfortable material and structure with a nicely padded sole and an elasticized heel, these babies made a killing and everyone wanted one. 

How to Apply for a Philippine Postal ID Card

I've said it once and I'll say it again, woe to the newly married woman who has, for years, have gotten so used to her surname only to find that a single (wedding) day, will change this familiarity forever.

I have to admit, it was not easy for me to adapt to a new surname, due mainly for professional reasons.  Throughout my profession career, I have been known by my maiden name and to have to inform all my contacts of the change was, well, too tiresome.  And so I decided to go the hypenated route and I eventually ended up with 2 surnames.  Such was the compromise!  =)