Monday, June 21, 2010

RESTAURANT REVIEW: Mom & Tina's Bakery Cafe

I've heard of Mom & Tina's Bakery Cafe before.  Having major foodies for office mates really helps in discovering new places to pig out.

Wanting to try out a different place from our normal breakfast fare of pancakes, my mom and I decided to try this resto out one sunny weekday morning.



Mom & Tina's Bakery Cafe, originally based in Pasig City, has decided to open another branch in Makati to cater to yuppies.  This quaint cozy cafe specializes in home made dishes and pastries that'll definitely make you want to come back for more.

The decor?  Very homey.  I so love restaurants that follow a certain theme.  In Mom & Tina's case, they follow that really nice country home feel.  Antiques and wooden furniture very well represented.



Funny thing though, their menu reminds me of a Papemelrotti product.  Go figure.  A little tatty from being handled too much though but nonetheless, fits the look and ambiance being conveyed.  =D


After browsing though the menu, I decided to get a continental breakfast of bacon, egg and hashbrowns (Php215).


Artery clogging heaven!  The bacon strips were cooked just right.  Call me a little weird but I'm not much of a fan of really crispy bacon.  I prefer my pork butt skins a little chewy.  Mom & Tina's got it exactly right!

The hashbrown?  Out-of-this-world!  To be quite honest, I wasn't really expecting this to taste so good.  I've had a lot of hashbrowns before but this is the first time I had one this fresh and tasty.  I normally associate them with the ones being offered at the golden arches or at the local pizza place -- really oily with a bad fishy aftertaste.  Yuck!  Thankfully, this version has changed my perception of hashbrowns.

My mom had the grilled sausage and egg breakfast (Php215).  This meal comes with a tangy mustard dip which compliments the sausage perfectly!


For all those who could not just have bread for breakfast, fret not!  The rolls can be exchanged for rice.


My mom is a major coffee addict.  She just couldn't live without a cup of joe in the morning.  She gets cranky when deprived (Believe me.  I've seen it happen).  This cup of coffee just singlehandedly saved me from a cranky matriach!  =D

Mom & Tina's is first and foremost a bakery as well.  We just couldn't miss buying some stuffed pandesal to have as a snack later in the day.  At Php15 a piece, this is a good, affortable treat.


We were also hoping to sample a few of their other desserts, if only our stomachs could fit in more food.  For now, we are content with just filling up our eyes...

Pastries galore!

Cupcakes selling for Php35

Muffins also selling for Php35

Dessert bars all in a row

Strawberry cheesecake (single serving) for Php70

Definitely coming back here again!


Mom & Tina's Bakery Cafe branches in the following locations:
PASIG
106 E. Rodriguez Ave.
Pasig City
(02) 5711541 / (02) 5711761

MAKATI
Tropical Palms Condominium
103 Dela Rosa cor. Perea Sts.
Legaspi Village, Makati City
(02) 8404299 / (02) 8943598

2 comments:

SG | An Aerial View of Sentosa Island

Sentosa is a well-known island resort in Singapore. They're quite famous for their expensive luxury landed properties, exquisite hotel...