Monday, May 16, 2011

Our Grand Stay-cation at Dusit Thani Manila (1 of 3)

While the rest of the Metro population flocked to the provinces to spend their Holy Week away from the polluted metropolis, Hubby and I took the opposite route and decided to spend our vacation staying at Dusit Thani Manila for 3 glorious days.


Dusit Thani Manila, a member of the popular Bangkok-based Dusit international hotel chain, has been in operation in Manila since 1995.  Deeply influenced by its Thai roots, you'll immediately see, smell and hear their heavy Asian influence as soon as you step into the lobby (IMO one of the best I've seen.)



There were 2 main reasons why we chose Dusit Thani Manila.  (1) Its close proximity to the Ayala and SM malls.  Hubby and I still had a lot of baby stuff to buy in preparation for the coming of our bundle of joy.  The hotel being so close to the malls made canvassing for baby items so easy and convenient.

(2) We were fortunate enough to obtain a good rate through HotelTravel.com, our go-to site for all our hotel booking needs.  Not only were we able to get lower rates (works everytime!), but we even got our 3rd day stay for free!  Now, how's that for a sulit deal?  =)

We stayed in one of their Deluxe rooms, which came complete with the basic ammenities one finds in a 5-star hotel (cable tv access, safe, bar, etc.)


I love the small personal touches, like this welcome message on the TV that greeted us when we first entered the room (our names removed for privacy purposes.)


I also love a hotel that provides a cozy tub.  Since we don't have one at home, I relish spending a hot, leisurely soak every once in a while.


Oh!  And did I mention they have one of the best smelling shampoos and soaps I've encountered in a hotel so far.  The shampoo gave off a good lather and left my hair so soft and smooth!  Not bad for a hotel name brand.


Aside from those mentioned, there are also a few pros I loved:
- they offer plenty of pillows!  Ever since becoming preggers, I've developed this habit of hogging a LOT of pillows for myself.  It's hard finding a comfortable resting position.  With Dusit Thani Manila, there was still enough for even Hubby to enjoy.  Hehehe!
- I like the flexible reading lamp they have installed on the head board.  Very nice feature for night readers.
- Accomodating staff.  This is also one of the main reasons why I love staying in hotels.  =)
- I love the ambiance!  (Photos will be posted in a later entry.) 

Some cons though:
- Room is a little small.  Same goes for the bathroom, compared to the other 5-star hotels we've stayed before.
- Has the usual signs of wear and tear.  It is a hotel after all.  Although not too much of a biggie to harp about.
- Room service is a little slow (more details to follow in my next entry).

Regardless of these, we would still consider Dusit Thani Manila next time we have another stay-cation.  =)

***

Dusit Thani Manila
Ayala Center, Makati City, Philippines
(632) 8673333

2 comments:

  1. Oh you're pregnant? I used to be a lurker in the Wedding thread in GT where I first came across your blog for your supplier's review. Now, you're gonna have a baby. congrats sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Cha: Yup! And just about ready to pop. Hehehe! Thanks for visiting. =)

    ReplyDelete

SG | An Aerial View of Sentosa Island

Sentosa is a well-known island resort in Singapore. They're quite famous for their expensive luxury landed properties, exquisite hotel...