Skip to main content

Releasing my Creative Juices at Makin's No Bake Clay Workshop

Crafting has always been a stress reliever of sorts me for as long as I can remember.  In fact, I even had a drawer full of ribbons, colorful paper, pens and other knick knacks that I saved for when the creative bug bites me and when I want to tinker around with any little, old thing.

One thing I was apprehensive in trying out though was polymer clay sculpting.  I've always associated the use of this type of clay with baking since it did require that it be baked to set properly, and I with no baking skills whatsoever was not as easily open to the concept.

However, when Kat of Shmily Arts, Crafts and Accesories offered a half-day workshop on polymer clay sculpting using Makin's clay, a special air-dry type variety, I couldn't as well pass up the opportunity.


So with my cousin in tow, we went to her shop in Sta. Ana, Manila and spent a few afternoon hours learning the basics and techniques in polymer clay sculpting.

And such a wonderful, creative afternoon it was!  Here are just a few of my works.  =)





My only gripe would be that the workshop venue had no AC (sorry Kat, but for a pregnant woman, I was really sweating buckets that time!  Hehehe!)  But that might not be much of a concern as you truly get your money's worth.  Each session also comes with a brief instruction manual and a few basic tools to get you started.

Now my only problem is trying to figure out a way to curb my spending on additional clay, molds and other related paraphernalia.  Heck!  I'm even seriously deciding on making my baby's baptismal souvenirs when the time comes.  And yes, I am even considering tinkering around with the baking kind!  =D

***

For more details, please visit Makin's PH Facebook or Multiply page.

Comments

  1. Oh wow! This is something I'd like to try and teach the little one someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Pinay Travel Junkie: Hobbies are great! Try them one time. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great workshop! :) Thanks for sharing. I hope there will be more workshops in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Karla. Yes, she does quite regularly. Add her in FB to be updated of her upcoming workshops. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Katherine: It is fun. Beware though as it can also be very addictive. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Nuna: Please do. Its a very fun and addicting hobby. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Mind if I ask how much the workshop fee? Anyway, this is what I have been thinking of since last year but coz of busy sched I can't pursue it just yet. Mas okay ba ang No bake? Ayan, nabuhay na naman interes ko sa polymer clay making. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Mommy Maye: Left you a message on your blog. For some reason, I couln't leave comments on you posts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PH | Bang's Tony & Jackey Beauty Salon's Aqua Volume Rebond

I've always had ruly, unmanageable hair for as long as I can remember, hence the introduction of rebonding services here in PH is a blessing.  I've been having my hair rebonded or relaxed once a year since 2002.  It's an expense that I make sure is always included in the yearly luxury budget.

Whereas before I used to have my hair rebonded at a David's Salon (since they always deliver consistently great results), I had to stop and look to other establishments when they eventually jacked up their prices (what used to cost me Php3,000 is now priced at Php5,000 to Php6,000, depending on the branch!).  Too much for my already hurting wallet.  Hence, the need to try other salons.  I've been happy with the results, so far.

The one thing though. that always gets me though is how lifeless and limp my hair tends to look when newly treated.  It's always the case wherever I have my tresses done.  It will look it's best at least a month or 2 after treatment.  It was onl…

Style for Less: Ballerina Flats (Tory Burch vs Kamiseta)

Have you ever noticed how fashionable high-end items just keep on being reinvented by some other brand.  Well after having my eyes checked for fear of seeing doubles (normal daw sabi ni Doc), I decided to scour through the malls in search of fashion doppelgangers.

***
THE SPLURGE: Tory Burch's Reva ballerina flats (USD195 or around Php9,000)

When well-known American fashion designer Tory Burch released her line of Reva ballerina flats, it was an instant hit.  Known for its incredibly comfortable material and structure with a nicely padded sole and an elasticized heel, these babies made a killing and everyone wanted one. 

How to Apply for a Philippine Postal ID Card

I've said it once and I'll say it again, woe to the newly married woman who has, for years, have gotten so used to her surname only to find that a single (wedding) day, will change this familiarity forever.

I have to admit, it was not easy for me to adapt to a new surname, due mainly for professional reasons.  Throughout my profession career, I have been known by my maiden name and to have to inform all my contacts of the change was, well, too tiresome.  And so I decided to go the hypenated route and I eventually ended up with 2 surnames.  Such was the compromise!  =)