Monday, January 7, 2013

My Fitness and Food Journal

The verdict's out!  I officially gained 40 lbs during pregnancy!  Huhuhu!  And now, after more than a year of giving birth, I find that I have thankfully lost most of the excess and am now a little stuck dealing with the final 10 pounds before being back to my old weight (I've read that these last 10 pounds are the hardest to break; so any tips would be highly appreciated please.  J)


Don't get me wrong.  I was never waif thin.  Having been an obese teenager in college and losing close to 60 pounds in a span of 2 years after graduation (a feat I am extremely proud of), I was never one to expect to be a size 2.  It was enough for me that I was already at a healthy weight that, although I was still a little meaty here and there, I was comfortable in.

So you can imagine my reasons for wanting to lose the extra pregnancy baggage after giving birth.  I also want my old clothes to fit again.  Mahal ng wardrobe change/replacement a!  J


I am quite familiar with the ups and downs of dieting, and basically an overall lifestyle change.  But one really important technique that I found that helped me tremendously in the battle of the poundage was/is to keep a food and fitness journal.

My food and fitness journal

One of my most favorite journals to date is this small green food and fitness notebook that I bought at Duty-Free Philippines.  Selling for only $2 (approximately Php90), this handy journal makes it easier for me to track my food intake and progress.

It gives me a detailed account of the food I've eaten and their corresponding calories (which I also write down), the amount of water I've already taken in, and the type and duration of exercise I've done for the day.

Inside

The entries inside serve as a good motivational tool for me and helps make and keep me accountable for what I've done, and eaten, during the day.

You need not have a special notebook for this.  Any old notebook dedicated solely to record your progress is all it takes.

So the next time you feel like doing a lifestyle change, why not try having your own fitness and food journal?  You'll be amazed at the results.   J

8 comments:

  1. nice one! gusto ko pumayat pero ayaw ko magcompute pa ng calories. hehe! sipagin na sana ko mag-exercise. failure ang healthy living ko last year. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was doing good with living healthy last year naman (from the early months til the 3rd quarter). Kala lang there was a huge set back in the last months of the year and balik ulit sa bad habits. Hirap talaga. Well, try again now. =)

      Delete
  2. I'll find it weird if I keep a journal of what I eat since I eat a lot.hahaha. :P Though I'm hungry all the time. :)


    http://www.dekaphobe.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to have this journal too! :)

    Anyway, best of luck. You can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ako din nagda diet! I lost 8 lbs na tapos na maintain na yung weight ko ayaw na mabawasan! Kailangan ko pa magbawas ng 10-15 lbs. Sige nga ma try nga yang food and fitness journal. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow this is good..keeping your progress written does help you stay motivated :) kailangan ko na din ng journal na yan.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hindi ko pa kailangan ito sa tingin ko. :-) Hopefully hindi ko na kailanganin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the well wishes everyone! Sana nga matupad. I've been feeling the strain already kasi. =)

    ReplyDelete

SG | An Aerial View of Sentosa Island

Sentosa is a well-known island resort in Singapore. They're quite famous for their expensive luxury landed properties, exquisite hotel...