Monday, January 14, 2013

Anchorpoint Shopping Centre: Another Haven for Outlet Shoppers in Singapore

I did a blog entry a few months back about Changi City Point mall (read my full post here), a shopping center that houses a number of outlet stores here in Singapore.  It's a great place to relax, unwind, and to do a little bargain hunting. 

Its close proximity to the airport terminal (the mall is located outside the Expo station of the East West MRT line, just one stop away from the airport), also makes it such a popular last minute shopping destination for travelers.

The Lion City is truly a shopper's paradise as, yes, there is still another well-known mall here that outlet shops also call home -- the Anchopoint Shopping Centre.

Anchopoint Shopping Centre 
(source: Frasers Centrepoint Malls website)

Located along Alexandra Road, the Anchorpoint Shopping Centre boasts of being the very first mall in Singapore to introduce the concept of outlet shops being located in one convenient place. 

It is a little way off from the main city center but believe me, if you're up for a little shopping indulgence, then this is the place to be (aside from Changi City Point mall, of course.)  Another plus is the fact that the Ikea Alexandra Road branch is also located just across from it.  It's like killing two birds with one stone!  You get to visit both places in 1 trip.

Here are the outlet stores located at Anchorpoint:

Billabong outlet

Fox outlet

Giordano outlet

G2000 outlet

Pedro outlet

Charles & Keith outlet

Cotton On outlet

Cotton On Kids outlet

Similar to stores in Changi City Point mall, outlet shops at Anchorpoint also offer their last season's items at 10 to 50 or 70% off the original price.  Please note that there is also a "no return" policy so please make sure your purchases are in good condition before paying.


I always find myself completing my Christmas shopping when at Anchorpoint, most especially since the family loves Giordano and Cotton On clothing and accessories.  The Cotton On Kids outlet is also a huge come-on since I love their line of baby wear.

*Sigh*  I hope we have some more accessible and really good, quality outlet malls like this in the Philippines.

***


Anchorpoint Shopping Centre
Address : 370 Alexandra Road
Singapore 159953
Telephone : (65) 6475 2257
Opening : 10am - 10pm

***


Planning to visit?  Drop by my "Getting Around Singapore" post (click here) for more details on how to get around the Lion City.










11 comments:

  1. Why did I not see these when I was in SG???
    Cotton On!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Anchorpoint!! Got great deals there in Charles and Keith! I'll be in Singapore this weekend and even if it's just 2 days in the city, I'll still make sure to drop by here for some shopping :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I wish we do have outlet stores here too! I have been to Changi but not Anchorpoint.. this is actually new to me. I do hope I'll remember this shopping mall next time I am able to visit Singapore... which is dont-know-when hehe.

    Spanish Pinay

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't been at Ikea. I'll make it a point to remember that shopping center.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is it true that you can score a real bargain when you shop during September SALE?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You mean the Singapore Sale? Personally, I don't find it much of a come-on. It seems like just an ordinary sale to me plus I think the same items will still cheaper when bought in the Philippines. Although I did read somewhere that when this annual sale thing first started, it was really a grand sale event where you can purchase items at great discounts. Might just be the changing times, I guess. =)

      Delete
  6. Would looove to visit Singapore-la soon! Your posts about the city is so helpful. Bookmarked them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really do hope I get to visit Singapore soon

    http://newsbitsfromevents.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

SG | An Aerial View of Sentosa Island

Sentosa is a well-known island resort in Singapore. They're quite famous for their expensive luxury landed properties, exquisite hotel...