Skip to main content

I Came, I Saw, I Blogged at Blogapalooza!

*Warning.  Picture heavy post.  =)

The first ever Blogapalooza, held last September 17, 2011 at the Top Shelf, Fully Booked in Fort Bonifacio was, in my opinion, one successful event!  This fun-filled fantastic afternoon was stormed by a number of sponsors and ever eager bloggers meeting up, exchanging ideas and business cards.

Here are just a few of the highlights...

I am honored to be a member of the Blogapalooza community.  =)

I CAME...

...armed with my trusty cam and handy, dandy notebook, was actually quite early to the event.  I hate tardiness and I applaud the Blogapalooza organizers for trying their damnest to start on time. 

T'was ok, though, as I was able go around and meet some interesting people -- both bloggers and company representatives alike.

Don't let the empty seats fool you.  I was just really early.  Hehehe!  =D

Don't let the seemingly empty seats in the background fool you (yes, I was that early.  Excited much?)  for this was what the venue looked like at the end of the day.

Full house!
(photo from Azrael's Merryland blog)

I SAW...

...the The Average Jane website posted on the Blogapalooza board!  (Who knew I could still squeal like a little girl in delight?)  At least it confirmed I wasn't a gatecrasher and that the invite really wasn't just an error in judgement by the organizers.  =D

Oh joy!  =D

...and was even treated to some yummy food offerings.

Muffins and juices from Healthy First, Pasta from Italliani's and burgers from Size Matters.
Missing in the photo: water from Aqua Best (GQ West)

...and met a whole lot of wonderful people who had tons to say about their companies, advocacies and projects.

So many booths, so little time...

Some of the 30+ business representatives who regaled us with stories about their enterprises.

More on them and their products/services in full detail in the succeeding posts!  So watch out for them! 

...and met some interesting presenters and bloggers on a more personal level.  Here are just a few:

Sir Romel Delosa of Avira and also a fellow early bird.  =)

Ms. Ida Bata (she's the one behind the booth) of Easy Pha-max, and also a fellow UST Liberal Arts alumnus (Go USTe!) who regaled me with stories about our school during her college years.  =)

Patrick Gaerlan of Shopinas.com who is a fellow book lover as well.  (Ei Patrick!  If you're reading this, I'll tell you when I finally jump ship and opt to own a Kindle na talaga.  Hehehe!)  =D

The kuyas of Lipton (Unilever) who convinced me to try their Cinnamon Chai Latte (more on that in a future post!) -- and that's speaking a lot from someone who's not really into hot creamed teas.  =)

Was able to personally thank (finally!) Mr. Stonibert Lim of Manila Life who has always been so accomodating of my posting requests.  (Thank you again, sir!)

Also, a special shout out to Jaycelle of Dollhouse Diary who I met after the event on our way to EDSA.  (I am truly humbled, sis!)  =)

...some interesting and attention grabbing presentations.

The M.I.-inspired presentation from the people behind LazerXtreme.

PoleCatsManila gave the audience a sneak peek into their Polarity show scheduled on October 16, 2011. 

My funny photo for the day (picture below.)  I was too short to view the PoleCatsManila performance (as most of the tall male bloggers quickly stormed the stage. Hehehe!) And me, being of such a vertically-challenged stature, had to content myself with a view from a fellow blogger's cam. Patethic, I know but at least I was able to watch the performance.  =D

My funny photo for the day

...participated, and even won a prize in the raffle!  Oh happy day!  =D

Me in orange!  Woot!  =)
(photo courtesy from Azrael's Merryland blog)

My prize from Blue Water Day Spa.

I BLOGGED...

...slash that -- make that will be blogging about some of the great products and services I received, heard and tried at this first ever Blogapalooza event (stay tuned for that, folks!)

Goodies galore!  Thank you sponsors!  =)

Congratulations again to Vince Golangco of When In Manila and the organizers of Blogaplooza for a great and fun event!  =)

***

For more information on how you can join the Blogapalooza community, check out the website here or visit the Blogapalooza facebook page.

Comments

  1. Wow! that was fun :) and congrats! bloggers community rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that looks fun! Blogging is a great way of meeting people talaga and for me, learning about new things/products from Pinas na wala dito. Thanks =)

    NIce to meet a fellow Thomasian =) Thanks din for dropping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Congrats sis for being part of that event. **Drooling blogger here** hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! goodies galore talaga! =) and nanalo pa sa raffle. =) looking forward for your product reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! The event was good. It has been a long time since the first blogging event that I attended. Very busy eh.

    Hope to join another Blogapalooza in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Irish Fleur: I agree. blogger communities are a great way to meet other bloggers. =)

    @Kristeta ♥ (kalokang Pinay): Hi fellow Thomasino! Great to meet you. =)

    @Pinay Mom: Join the next event so we could meet. =)

    @michi: Thanks Michi! Will try to do them justice. =)

    @Ishmael Fischer Ahab: Please do. I;m sure you miss events like these. =)

    @Vince Golangco: Congratulations again. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! It looks like you had fun. It's great that there are events like this for bloggers. ^__^ Congrats also for winning such good items!

    By the way regarding the Binondo food tour, Jeff said he can schedule a tour once you have organized 10+ persons. It's 550 pesos all-in fee (food, drinks, entrance)

    Take care! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! congrats on being a part of this event..been reading about it from other bloggers :) goodies galore! hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Karla: Thanks! It really was a fun event.

    Can I have his e-mail address too? Would like to join his tour if there's a good date. =)

    @Nuna: Really?! Maybe we're related! Hello cousin! =)

    @kath: Thanks! Join the next Blogapalooza event. They're targeting November for the next one. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats...I guess i should be a member of this it looks fun:) thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow sis congrats! sana next event ma-invite din ako =) i want to meet my fellow blogger physically

    ReplyDelete
  12. Me is jealous! I need to go there. :) I applied to blogapalooza, I hope I'll get in. :) Congrats, sis!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @SunnyToast: You're welcome. =)

    @lelay: Join tehe community! I;d love to meet my fellow bloggers here. =)

    @Miss `Chievous: Good luck! Hope you do get in. Would love to meet you there! =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. inggit! when we finally settle there in the Philippines, i would love to join this, too...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PH | Bang's Tony & Jackey Beauty Salon's Aqua Volume Rebond

I've always had ruly, unmanageable hair for as long as I can remember, hence the introduction of rebonding services here in PH is a blessing.  I've been having my hair rebonded or relaxed once a year since 2002.  It's an expense that I make sure is always included in the yearly luxury budget.

Whereas before I used to have my hair rebonded at a David's Salon (since they always deliver consistently great results), I had to stop and look to other establishments when they eventually jacked up their prices (what used to cost me Php3,000 is now priced at Php5,000 to Php6,000, depending on the branch!).  Too much for my already hurting wallet.  Hence, the need to try other salons.  I've been happy with the results, so far.

The one thing though. that always gets me though is how lifeless and limp my hair tends to look when newly treated.  It's always the case wherever I have my tresses done.  It will look it's best at least a month or 2 after treatment.  It was onl…

Style for Less: Ballerina Flats (Tory Burch vs Kamiseta)

Have you ever noticed how fashionable high-end items just keep on being reinvented by some other brand.  Well after having my eyes checked for fear of seeing doubles (normal daw sabi ni Doc), I decided to scour through the malls in search of fashion doppelgangers.

***
THE SPLURGE: Tory Burch's Reva ballerina flats (USD195 or around Php9,000)

When well-known American fashion designer Tory Burch released her line of Reva ballerina flats, it was an instant hit.  Known for its incredibly comfortable material and structure with a nicely padded sole and an elasticized heel, these babies made a killing and everyone wanted one. 

How to Apply for a Philippine Postal ID Card

I've said it once and I'll say it again, woe to the newly married woman who has, for years, have gotten so used to her surname only to find that a single (wedding) day, will change this familiarity forever.

I have to admit, it was not easy for me to adapt to a new surname, due mainly for professional reasons.  Throughout my profession career, I have been known by my maiden name and to have to inform all my contacts of the change was, well, too tiresome.  And so I decided to go the hypenated route and I eventually ended up with 2 surnames.  Such was the compromise!  =)