Skip to main content

Ballers with Style: Freestyle Slap Watch Ballers

I remember those slap-on bracelets of years ago.   During my elementary school days, never would you find a single girly wrist without these on.  As such, red, swollen carpi became a directly linked fashion statement (much to the chagrin of our well-meaning parents.)

Fast track to the present day.  At this, my 29 years of age and in the corporate world, these slap-on bracelets would have been a fashion accessory that just won't cut it in my line of work.  I doubt if our people would still have respected me if I came to the office wearing a colorful piece of silicone rubber on my wrist.  Imagine attending a lunch meeting with a client with a doggy slappy on?!   ¡Que horror!  And definitely not cool!

But that all changed when I saw this...

So cute!

Freestyle Slap Watch Ballers!

Designed by Nathan Flores and his friends as a school project, these colorful, ingenenous watches are functional, hip and cool -- in other words, so cute!

I love white accessories!  =)

They come in a variety of colors that can fit your every mood. 

I especially love the simplicity of it's design!  They can definitely match your outfits, whether corporate or casual.  And at only Php250 a piece, it won't break the bank.

Photo taken from the Freestyle Ballers Facebook Page.

Definitely one for keeps.  Red wrists be damned!  =)

***

To learn more about this product plus the other items they have on sale, please visit the Freestyle Ballers facebook page.

Comments

  1. colors are like candies and fashionable one:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giggling while reading this post! I remember the slap-on bracelets when we were young ;p

    ReplyDelete
  3. @jaypee | enjayneer.com: No habla. I only knew a few phrases and understand some lines here and there. Hehehe! Although I took up Spanish for 2 whole semesters, you just seem to forget it if you're not using it.

    @SunnyToast: Defnitely. So like candy! But I love white accessories, so this is good for me. ☺

    @Pinay Travel Junkie: Its really fun to reminisce. I remember having quite a few of those slappies since they're so cute! Hehehe! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a white one..from Divisoria lang. I like it since it's easy to put on or take off, plus it won't get stolen I am most sure. Perfect when you're outdoors, while jogging or any other activities. I can even wear it sa office kasi di naman formal get-up...rugged look eh and naka shirt jack so bagay hehehe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PH | Bang's Tony & Jackey Beauty Salon's Aqua Volume Rebond

I've always had ruly, unmanageable hair for as long as I can remember, hence the introduction of rebonding services here in PH is a blessing.  I've been having my hair rebonded or relaxed once a year since 2002.  It's an expense that I make sure is always included in the yearly luxury budget.

Whereas before I used to have my hair rebonded at a David's Salon (since they always deliver consistently great results), I had to stop and look to other establishments when they eventually jacked up their prices (what used to cost me Php3,000 is now priced at Php5,000 to Php6,000, depending on the branch!).  Too much for my already hurting wallet.  Hence, the need to try other salons.  I've been happy with the results, so far.

The one thing though. that always gets me though is how lifeless and limp my hair tends to look when newly treated.  It's always the case wherever I have my tresses done.  It will look it's best at least a month or 2 after treatment.  It was onl…

Style for Less: Ballerina Flats (Tory Burch vs Kamiseta)

Have you ever noticed how fashionable high-end items just keep on being reinvented by some other brand.  Well after having my eyes checked for fear of seeing doubles (normal daw sabi ni Doc), I decided to scour through the malls in search of fashion doppelgangers.

***
THE SPLURGE: Tory Burch's Reva ballerina flats (USD195 or around Php9,000)

When well-known American fashion designer Tory Burch released her line of Reva ballerina flats, it was an instant hit.  Known for its incredibly comfortable material and structure with a nicely padded sole and an elasticized heel, these babies made a killing and everyone wanted one. 

How to Apply for a Philippine Postal ID Card

I've said it once and I'll say it again, woe to the newly married woman who has, for years, have gotten so used to her surname only to find that a single (wedding) day, will change this familiarity forever.

I have to admit, it was not easy for me to adapt to a new surname, due mainly for professional reasons.  Throughout my profession career, I have been known by my maiden name and to have to inform all my contacts of the change was, well, too tiresome.  And so I decided to go the hypenated route and I eventually ended up with 2 surnames.  Such was the compromise!  =)