Friday, August 17, 2012

Harry Potter™ Fever in Singapore: Holy Grass-Flavored Jelly Beans, Harry Potter™! Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans and Chocolate Frog (Part 2 of 2)

I must admit, one of my favorite scenes in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone is the part where Ron and Harry first meet on the train to Hogwarts. 

It might seem like such a boring scene but it stuck to me because I enjoyed reading about their magical food.  How ingenious and totally out-of-this-world must it be to have such marvelous, unusual treats!  So it shouldn't come as a surprise that I'd buy these exact same items at the Harry Potter™: The Exhibition souvenir shop.

My treats from the world of Harry Potter

Chocolate Frog

Chocolate frog

Chocolate frogs are, well, plain ordinary chocolate chunks made to look like amphibians.  In the book, they're supposed to move like real live creatures, but our technology limits us for now and what's available at the exhibit are non-movable frog-like chocolatey, with rice crispies, treats. 

I am extremely thankful, though, that they're inanimate.  Deathly afraid of moving frogs, much less eat one, regardless of whether it's made of chocolate or not.

My chocolatey amphibian friend

Regardless, I still had to avert my eyes while eating it.  Yes, it's silly, but I'm weird that way.

The pack comes with a collectible 3D holographic wizard card.  Slightly moving to coincide with what was described in the book.  Mine came with Garrick Ollivander on it, the exact same proprietor of Ollivander's Wand Shop.

Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans

Now, this one I was truly giddy on trying. 

Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans
(Includes earthworm, vomit and booger flavors)

Manufactured by the same company that produces Jelly Bellys (and might I add, they also did the chocolate frogs too), Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans come complete with both the really delicious and gross flavors you'd expect from a pack (although when I segregated my beans by flavor, the gross ones highly outweighed the regular offerings.)

List of flavors

But I bet you're more interested in knowing about the gross flavors more, right?  As expected, it tastes exactly as their name implies BUT sweeter.  The really disgusting part is they leave an aftertaste.  Can you imagine eating an earthworm-flavored jelly bean and still tasting that sucker hours after it's been swallowed?  Yuck!

A jarful of beans

Needless to say I had to ditch out the bad ones after making sure I, at least, was able to have a nibble out of every last gross one.  I deserve an award for that!

Aaahhh...yes, nothing like the taste of vomit-flavored jelly beans to ward off the sweet tooth (for a while anyway.)  J

***

Harry Potter™: The Exhibition
June 2, 2012 to September 30, 2012
ArtScience Museum at Marina Bay Sands
10 Bayfront Avenue
Singapore 018958
E      MuseumEnquiries@marinabaysands.com
W     http://www.marinabaysands.com/Singapore-Museum/
        http://www.harrypotterexhibition.com/
FB   https://www.facebook.com/ArtScienceMuseum/

***

Be sure to catch  my Harry Potter Fever in Singapore series:

Harry Potter™ The Exhibition at The ArtScience Museum (Part 1 of 2)
Holy Grass-Flavored Jelly Beans, Harry Potter!  Bertie Bott's Every Flavour Beans and Chocolate Frog (Part 2 of 2)

Planning to visit?  Drop by my "Getting Around Singapore" post (click here) for more details on how to get around the Lion City.

7 comments:

  1. I'm a Harry Potter fanatic! Sana may ganyan din dito sa Pinas :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Siguro yung booger flavor lang ang titikman ko sa jelly beans na yan. Yaw ko ng vomit flavor baka i vomit ko!hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been so jealous of anyone in my life as I am of you right now!!!

    http://wonderwomanrises.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't get vomit or booger-flavored ones in my pack thankfully, but you're right about there being more gross flavored than regular-flavored ones in every box. Most of the gross ones were still edible - like dirt and black pepper, but the rotten egg flavor was really foul! :p

    ReplyDelete

SG | An Aerial View of Sentosa Island

Sentosa is a well-known island resort in Singapore. They're quite famous for their expensive luxury landed properties, exquisite hotel...