Monday, August 28, 2017

SG | Irvins Salted Egg Potato and Fish Skin Chips

I must admit, after my 1st taste of a salted egg potato chip a few months back, I have been a bit hesitant of trying out another one of those things (read about my The Golden Duck's Salted Egg Yolk Potato Chip review here).

In a nutshell, my previous experience was nothing much to hark about and left me feeling solely cheated (these salted egg chips don't come cheap, you know!)  So imagine my surprise when the Husband brought back home a bag of the same kind of chips.  This time, though, it came from Irvins.


Now Irvins is a home brand here in the Lion City; and most people do attest that they are 100 times better that The Golden Duck's.


My verdict?  Made fresh and comes with a resealable pouch, Irvins has that crunchy, not-so-oily chip texture that I definitely like.  They boast that their chips are #DangerouslyAddictive, and I do agree!

It is salty and sweet and spicy all in one bite.  NOTE: For best results, shake the bag hard (as if your life depended on it!) before eating to ensure that their delicious salted egg powder coats each and every chip well.

Another offering from Irvins are their salted egg coated fish skin chips.


Between you and me, it tastes exactly like pork chicharon.  Tasty, but I think I'll stick with the potato chip kind (I've never been a fan of chicharon anyway.  😄)

A bag of either kind retails for S$8 (Php272) for a small one while bigger bags costs S$16 (Php544).

Seriously delicious!

***

Irvins Salted Egg
W     https://irvinsaltedegg.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

SG | An Aerial View of Sentosa Island

Sentosa is a well-known island resort in Singapore. They're quite famous for their expensive luxury landed properties, exquisite hotel...