Monday, February 7, 2011

The Movie that Broke my NTMS

I loved watching the old cheesy tagalog movies of the 80s and the 90s.  Super Inday and the Golden Bibe had me in a laughing frenzy.  Roderick Paulate as Petrang Kabayo was a supreme classic.  And who could forget the guys of Bagets (which I watched for a number of times even though I could not understand the workings of the complex teenage mind yet - I was but only in Grade 1 when I first caught it on TV)?

Bagets

However, there was a period in my short existence here on earth that I did not watch a single Filipino movie.  From the year 1995 to early 2000, I chose not to catch a single local film.  Heck, no!  I am not biased against locally-made films.  It's just that I felt there were no other quality pelikulas showing that time.  I do remember a lot of bomba and ST movies, though.  Hehehe!  I used to call this my No-Tagalog-Movie Streak.  NTMS for short. 

But that all changed when this movie came.  No, it was not a drama, nor was it a thought-provoking documentary.  My NTMS was broken by....Pedro Penduko, the Return of the Comeback!

Pedro Penduko

Ok, ok.  Lame, yes.  But definitely entertaining!  Being a fan of the first Pedro Penduko Janno Gibbs-starrer in 1994, I waited with bated breath to catch this flick.  And although it still had cheesy lines and below par visual effects, my enthusiasm for the first film carried on and I was able to watch the entire film without batting an eye.

And now you know my secret.  And still after 11 years since the Return of the Comeback was shown, I still wonder when Pedro Penduko 3 will be made.  =D

Hoping?

3 comments:

  1. Ms. Tin! Si Marlon (San Beda - P&A intern)to! Saw your entry from Jayvee's blog! :D Nice naman, saktong return of the comeback ang movie which made the return of your comeback to Tagalog Films! (did that made sense? =D)

    Regards Ms. Tin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Ei Marlon! Oo nga e. Tagal ng Pedro Penduko 3. I'm actually still waiting for Bagets 3 din. Cheesy! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. watch pinoy tv show here WATCH TV SHOW REPLAYS CLICK HERE

    or download our android application here Philipine TV Replays android app

    or download our apple application here Philipine TV Replays ios app

    LIKE US : Facebook

    ReplyDelete

SG | Toast Box Ham and Cheese Set

Breakfast is an indulgence for me.  Mainly because I am super lazy to have breakfast.  But when I do, there is no better start to your morni...