Well, I being the nonconformist girl that I am, I decided to try another breakfast fare item on the menu when I once found myself eating at their Blue Wave, Pasay branch.
|Pancake House in Bluewave, Pasay City|
First off, I ordered the Perfect Match (Php 210) – composed of crispy bacon strips (hmmm…pork butt…), a hash brown, 2 pieces eggs, 2 pieces toast (actually this is just one loaf sliced cut diagonally, but still Pancake House prefers to call this a 2 piece toast) and choice of coffee or tea. The meal also includes butter but for those wishing for an alternative, strawberry jam can be requested instead.
Mom, on the other hand, decided to have their Continental Eggs (Php107). Meal was composed of 2 eggs, a hash brown, 2 pieces (daw) toast and a pat of butter. She also an asked for an additional order of sweet ham (Php 89).
My comments on our meal experience?
1. I was dismayed by our first waiter. An unintelligent caveman-like grunt was our welcome greeting!
2. My toast was toasted to one side only. Last I checked, toast should be toasted on both sides.
3. The strawberry jam looked and tasted like Jellyace. No kidding.
4. The hash brown was ok but nothing really spectacular. I guess I was still under the spell of the heavenly hash brown I had from Mom & Tina’s (please click here for my review) that I was sort of expecting the same quality as well.
5. And to top it all off, our table had an opened, torn packet of sugar. I mean, it's ok if the packet was accidentally left at the table. But, man! The torn side was placed inside the canister, with the not torn edge sticking out, to make it look like it was an unopened pack!