Friday, February 8, 2013

HOT-KID Milk Beverage (A Singapore Beverage Post)

It's been a long time since I've had sweetened milk.  I've been drinking the low-fat variety for so many years now that even regular milk just doesn't taste as good as it was when I was little.

That being said, though, I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to sample this little cutie one hot, sunny afternoon in Singapore.

A HOT-KID Milk Beverage drink


A HOT-KID milk beverage drink.

Developed by Taiwan-based I LAN FOODS - WANT WANT GROUP, this drink is in almost every vending machine I encounter here, including the 2 located inside our residence's compound.

Milky goodness for kids


There's nothing much I can say about it though, except it's slightly sweeter than the usual milk drink and has the color and liquid consistency of the evaporated kind.  It is marketed for kids so that would more or less explain the taste.

Sells for S$1.20 (Php39.60).  Also available in major supermarkets island-wide.

*S$1 = Php33

2 comments:

  1. I can't remember if we have a local canned milk here in Manila. :|


    http://www.dekaphobe.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have Bear Brand and Alaska. I remember craving those when I was pregnant even through I wasn't a drinker before. I guess I just wanted some sweet milk that was catered to adults. =)

      Delete

SG | An Aerial View of Sentosa Island

Sentosa is a well-known island resort in Singapore. They're quite famous for their expensive luxury landed properties, exquisite hotel...