Skip to main content

Chinese and Japanese Gardens in Singapore

One of the many things I love about Singapore is the fact that there are tons of lush parks scattered all around the island.  The Lion City actually boasts of being a country with at least 50% of its land area devoted to the preservation of its natural, green landscapes.

It also serves a higher purpose for it helps lower the temperature and provides cool, shady areas for the people.  I even find myself not so much bothered about the tropical weather here than when I am in the Philippines, considering that Singapore is actually located nearer the equator than we are.

I have a lot of fond memories centered around the parks here in Singapore -- morning jogs with the cool breeze fanning me down, nightly walks with the Husband after a tired day's work, and of course, our leisure weekend photo walks.  And one of our favorite places to stroll around is at the Chinese and Japanese Gardens.

Chinese and Japanese Gardens, Singapore

Built in 1975 by Taiwanese architect, Prof. Yuen-chen Yu, the Chinese and Japanese Gardens showcases a sample of the northern Chinese imperial landscaping and architecture.

A look around


A stroll through the gardens is such a delight and a photographer's dream.  Filled with statues, pagodas, and other wonderful garden pieces, there's just so much to capture in film, or file.

Me preparing for a shot


Best of all, it's free.  No entrances fees required.

Who says Singapore's such an expensive place to visit?  J

***

Chinese and Japanese Gardens
1 Chinese Garden Road
Singapore 619795
T          +65 6261 3632 


Planning to visit?  Drop by my "Getting Around Singapore" post (click here) for more details on how to get around the Lion City.

Comments

  1. kung ganyan naman ang garden dito, mag morning jog na rin ako. hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like such a lovely place for a walk and a photoshoot! :) Too bad we don't have much Japanese and Chinese gardens here in the Phils. Meron man, hindi gaanong well maintained :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a Chinese Garden in Luneta. Not sure if it's nice since I haven't been there in ages. =)

      Delete
  3. ang ganda ng park. tapos no entrance fee? paano kaya yung maintenance ng place. ang yaman talaga ng singapore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not so sure how they do maintain it but they have a government arm that handles all the parks around the country. =)

      Delete
  4. "Who says Singapore's such and expensive place to visit?"

    My friends say so. Hehe.

    The Singaporeans are smart when they decided to set aside large parcels of land for gardens and natural parks. Now they have place to go whenever they want to feel cool or just want to see some greens.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why didn't I see this when I went there?
    I only went to the Botanical Gardens with my family. Oh well, next time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PH | Bang's Tony & Jackey Beauty Salon's Aqua Volume Rebond

I've always had ruly, unmanageable hair for as long as I can remember, hence the introduction of rebonding services here in PH is a blessing.  I've been having my hair rebonded or relaxed once a year since 2002.  It's an expense that I make sure is always included in the yearly luxury budget.

Whereas before I used to have my hair rebonded at a David's Salon (since they always deliver consistently great results), I had to stop and look to other establishments when they eventually jacked up their prices (what used to cost me Php3,000 is now priced at Php5,000 to Php6,000, depending on the branch!).  Too much for my already hurting wallet.  Hence, the need to try other salons.  I've been happy with the results, so far.

The one thing though. that always gets me though is how lifeless and limp my hair tends to look when newly treated.  It's always the case wherever I have my tresses done.  It will look it's best at least a month or 2 after treatment.  It was onl…

Style for Less: Ballerina Flats (Tory Burch vs Kamiseta)

Have you ever noticed how fashionable high-end items just keep on being reinvented by some other brand.  Well after having my eyes checked for fear of seeing doubles (normal daw sabi ni Doc), I decided to scour through the malls in search of fashion doppelgangers.

***
THE SPLURGE: Tory Burch's Reva ballerina flats (USD195 or around Php9,000)

When well-known American fashion designer Tory Burch released her line of Reva ballerina flats, it was an instant hit.  Known for its incredibly comfortable material and structure with a nicely padded sole and an elasticized heel, these babies made a killing and everyone wanted one. 

How to Apply for a Philippine Postal ID Card

I've said it once and I'll say it again, woe to the newly married woman who has, for years, have gotten so used to her surname only to find that a single (wedding) day, will change this familiarity forever.

I have to admit, it was not easy for me to adapt to a new surname, due mainly for professional reasons.  Throughout my profession career, I have been known by my maiden name and to have to inform all my contacts of the change was, well, too tiresome.  And so I decided to go the hypenated route and I eventually ended up with 2 surnames.  Such was the compromise!  =)