Saturday, July 1, 2017

SG | Fiesta Filipino

For an OFW, any food that reminds me of home is heaven-sent.  Simply put, it drives the homesickness at bay (for a few days, at least).

I'm not usually picky when it comes to choosing a Filipino restaurant to dine in here in Singapore.  Hey, Filipino food is Filipino food even if it doesn't exactly taste the way I am used to.  Because like all restaurants, there are the great ones and the not-so-good ones.

I wasn't picky, that is, until I tried Filipino Fiesta.


Located in Joo Chiat road, Filipino Fiesta is the typical small eatery serving Filipino fare, offering local viand that me and most of our kababayans crave.

Personally, I always crave Kare-Kare (S$15.00/Php525.00).  Beef pieces with a sweet, curry peanut sauce accompanied with bagoong.  For Filipino Fiesta's version, I can only describe it in 1 word -- salty.  Extremely salty.


I was up to forgive this transgression, but lo and behold, when our chopsuey (a dish of stir fried vegetables, S$7.00/Php245.00) came, it too was salty as well!  😓


I had had enough so I requested that both dishes be cooked again.  And good thing too, as thankfully, the second time around, it tasted just right (not great mind you, but at least it did not come out tasting like it was seasoned with a cup of salt.

I do would have to say, that their saving grace was the leche flan (caramel pudding, S$2.50/Php87.50).  Soft and slightly sweet.  I was afraid it would also come out salty.  😀


Would I eat here again?  Probably not in the near future.  And mind you, this decision came about not based on just this one visit.  This was actually our second time and our food at the first try came out just as salty (Hey!  I believe in 2nd chances.)  😓

Hope this changes soon as I do have high hopes for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

SG | An Aerial View of Sentosa Island

Sentosa is a well-known island resort in Singapore. They're quite famous for their expensive luxury landed properties, exquisite hotel...