- The Husband and I decided that it was time again for the Daughter and I to move back to Singapore (which we did middle of that year).
- After 4 years of being a stay-at-home mom, I was lucky enough to have been given the opportunity to restart my HR career again. This time in the Lion City.
- We are now parents of an active pre-schooler (a.k.a. The-Daughter-formerly-known-as-The-Little-One. How time flies!
- The Husband and I wake up at 6:00 AM and get ready for the day. The Daughter is coaxed out of bed by 7:00 AM for breakfast and the usual morning dress-up routine.
- Drop off the Daughter at childcare ("daycare" to us used to American English) at 8:00 AM (yes, we decided not to get a yaya/nanny/helper).
- Work for the Husband and I starts at 9:00 AM and ends at 6:00 PM. OTs happen (thankfully, not so often but it's unavoidable sometimes), but we work around the schedule at least to make sure one of us is free to...
- Pick up the Daughter by 6:30 PM.
- Arrive home by 7:00 PM (after a brief run through the playground). Daylight hours here are quite different in PH. We see light by around 7:00 AM and experience the sun setting at around 7:00 in the evening.
- We have dinner by 7:30 PM. Hopefully, with all of us together.
- At bed by 9:00 PM.
- Start, repeat again for the next 4 weekdays.
- Weekends are spent (1) grocery shopping, (2) shuttling the Daughter to pre-school gymnastics class (on Saturdays), and (3) just plain going around town for a break at the usual routine (or if we're particularly lazy/want to save money, we stay at home.)
Now, I'm not exactly the exercising type (gym club membership and the like), but I do love to walk, which in Singapore is actually quite easy to accomplish. You can survive without a car here, what with the great public transport system and all. So the one thing that really got me thinking was, considering I was actually walking more than when I was in the home country, why am feeling less peppy and energized.
To get to the bottom of it all (and mainly due to my endless hinting), the Husband gave me a fitbit Charge for my birthday last year.
|My fitbit Charge|