Skip to main content

DIY Fresh Water Pearl Bracelets

I first started buying fresh water pearl jewelry during a vacation to Puerto Princesa, Palawan where venders would sell stud earrings made of these beauties for only Php20.  Since working for an auditing firm required me to dress in corporate attire for most of the work days, fresh water pearl stud earrings, and other pearl jewelry piece for that matter, were the best accessories I could ever have since they're such versatile pieces. 

Aside from the office, I'd wear them during special, more formal affairs; and even when wanting to add a little class to a casual shirt and jeans look.  I'd been buying fresh water pearl jewelry ever since.

So when we had the Little One's baptismal rites last December 2011, I just knew I wanted a pair of matching fresh water pearl bracelets to complete our outfits.  Knowing I'd have a hard time locating one that would fit her tiny wrist, I DIY-ed and made these!

DIY fresh water pearl bracelets

These things are so easy to make, too. 

First, you'll need some light pink-hued fresh water pearls.  I bought mine from the jewerly tiangge at Market! Market! for only Php300 (that was after intense searching and extreme haggling.)  Note that these are stringed, unset line of pearls which was just what I needed since I'd be preparing them to make our bracelets.  It's cheaper to buy them at this unprepared state plus it would be a shame to tear apart a complete fixture just to get the pearls (to learn how to know deifference between a real deal from the fake, please visit www.jsbeads.com.) 

String the pearls through some flexible elastic nylon string (can be bought at craft or hardware stores.)  Tie a tight knot at the end and adorn with ribbons, if desired.

Here we are wearing our matching chic bracelets.

We match!

The best part is I still had a lot of leftover pearls for use in the future.  I love DIY projects.  J

Comments

  1. whenver I go to palawan, i make it a point to go to the market and buy those pearl earrings as pasalubong to my lady officemates and friends. inexpensive and light, it's always a hit, ha ha ha.

    a lot of those pearls and other semi-precious stones used to be sold in quiapo stalls but lately i haven't noticed a lot of it. probably just a fad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also still have a bunch of pearls from Palawan. I think I should definitely make something from them na.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

PH | Bang's Tony & Jackey Beauty Salon's Aqua Volume Rebond

I've always had ruly, unmanageable hair for as long as I can remember, hence the introduction of rebonding services here in PH is a blessing.  I've been having my hair rebonded or relaxed once a year since 2002.  It's an expense that I make sure is always included in the yearly luxury budget.

Whereas before I used to have my hair rebonded at a David's Salon (since they always deliver consistently great results), I had to stop and look to other establishments when they eventually jacked up their prices (what used to cost me Php3,000 is now priced at Php5,000 to Php6,000, depending on the branch!).  Too much for my already hurting wallet.  Hence, the need to try other salons.  I've been happy with the results, so far.

The one thing though. that always gets me though is how lifeless and limp my hair tends to look when newly treated.  It's always the case wherever I have my tresses done.  It will look it's best at least a month or 2 after treatment.  It was onl…

Style for Less: Ballerina Flats (Tory Burch vs Kamiseta)

Have you ever noticed how fashionable high-end items just keep on being reinvented by some other brand.  Well after having my eyes checked for fear of seeing doubles (normal daw sabi ni Doc), I decided to scour through the malls in search of fashion doppelgangers.

***
THE SPLURGE: Tory Burch's Reva ballerina flats (USD195 or around Php9,000)

When well-known American fashion designer Tory Burch released her line of Reva ballerina flats, it was an instant hit.  Known for its incredibly comfortable material and structure with a nicely padded sole and an elasticized heel, these babies made a killing and everyone wanted one. 

How to Apply for a Philippine Postal ID Card

I've said it once and I'll say it again, woe to the newly married woman who has, for years, have gotten so used to her surname only to find that a single (wedding) day, will change this familiarity forever.

I have to admit, it was not easy for me to adapt to a new surname, due mainly for professional reasons.  Throughout my profession career, I have been known by my maiden name and to have to inform all my contacts of the change was, well, too tiresome.  And so I decided to go the hypenated route and I eventually ended up with 2 surnames.  Such was the compromise!  =)