Monday, November 14, 2011

GPB11: Simply Pie!

NOTE:  The Global Pinoy Bazaar 2011 (GPB11) series is a number of posts regarding merchants and sellers; and their unique and unusual creations, of which I had the utmost pleasure of discovering at Yabang Pinoy's Global Pinoy Bazaar 2011 (read a short introduction of my bazaar experience here.)  J

I've always held onto the addage that one should never shop on an empty stomach.  It makes you crave too much sugar, and as we all know, too much of a good sugary thing is bad for your health.

I had, however, unwittingly broken this golden rule and went to the Global Pinoy Bazaar with tummy rumbling big time.  One of the many things you forget to do in the course of your mommy responsibilities, I guess.  I've been focusing too much on the Little One that I had not enough time to grab a bite to eat before heading out.

But it was because of this jarring mistake that I was able to locate a great foodie find -- a Spinach, Feta and Sundried Tomatoes mini quiche from Simply Pie!

Mini Spinach, Feta and Sundried Tomatoes quiche
(photo taken from the Simply Pie facebook page)

(NOTE: My apologies for not taking any of my own photos. There was simply no place to lay my quiche on and it was quite hard to take a shot of something I was holding on to. Add the fact that I was just too darn hungry and it looked for tempting already.  J)


Selling for Php40 a piece (350 for a box of 9 and 600 for 16), this small, unuassuming egg custard puff pasty filled with, as the name implies, spinach, feta and tomatoes packs a lot of punch.  So flavorful from that first bite to the last!

Aside from their line of delectable quiches, they also sell sweet and savory mini pies (Php525 to 600 for a box of 9 depending on the variant.)

Apple Baby!

I've been drooling over their Apple Baby!  Oh boy, you bet this will be one of the next things I'll buy from them soon.

They also have mini sweeties like their bestselling Nata Lychee Dream Puff Pie (Php350 to 575 for a box of 9 and 16, respectively.)

Nata Lychee Dream Puff Pie

And yes, I'm actually kicking myself for not buying a whole box to take home.  L

***

For more information on Simply Pie and their products, please visit their website at www.ilovesimplypie.com or their FB page (link here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

SG | An Aerial View of Sentosa Island

Sentosa is a well-known island resort in Singapore. They're quite famous for their expensive luxury landed properties, exquisite hotel...